<< Back to Courses
WILDLIFE DETECTION COURSE
OUR WILDLIFE DETECTION COURSE CONSISTS OF SEVERAL TRAINING DISCIPLINES UTILIZED BY A WILDLIFE ENFORCEMENT K9 TEAM. THIS SPECIALIZED TRAINING CONSISTS OF :
- Obedience including on and off leash control with K9 responding to verbal command and hand signals.
- Agility and confidence training including vertical jumps, broad jumps, climbing, elevated walks (boat docks and piers), crawling, slippery surfaces, water and watercraft confidence, and gunfire acclimation.
- Article Search/Evidence Recovery includes finding articles with evidentiary value such as articles used in illegal hunting activities. Training will involve articles that both contain human scent and articles void of human scent.
- Wildlife detection training including detection of deer, fish, duck, dove, fish, bear, and turkey. Addition wildlife scents can be included as needs dictate.
- Tracking/Trailing with scent discrimination over multiple surfaces and tracks at least one hour old and one mile long. Back tracking can be taught instead of scent discrimination tracking if desired.
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 252-370-5353.