PATROL/NARCOTICS K9 HANDLER COURSE<< Back to Courses
January 31 – March 11, 2022
March 28 – May 6, 2022
May 30 – July 6, 2022
July 25 – September 2, 2022
September 26 – November 6, 2022
November 14 – December 23, 2022
PATROL/NARCOTICS K9 COURSE
Our Patrol/Narcotics K9 training course consist of the following training disciplines:
- Obedience including on and off leash control responding to verbal commands and hand signals.
- Agility and confidence training including vertical jumps, broad jumps, ladder climbing, elevated walks, crawling, slippery floors, and loud and unusual noises.
- Apprehension including single and multi-person apprehensions, recall and call outs, apprehensions from vehicle, vehicle extraction, handler protection, prisoner escort, apprehension with gunfire.
- Article Search/Evidence Recovery includes finding articles with evidentiary value such as crime scene evidence or articles used in a crime. Training will involve articles that both contain human scent and articles void of human scent.
- Open area search utilizing airborne scent work to detecting hidden suspects in outdoor areas of concealment.
- Building search utilizing tactical search techniques for locating and apprehending suspects hidden within buildings.
- Tracking/Trailing with scent discrimination over various types of surfaces on tracks at least one hour old and one mile long.
Narcotics Detection Training
- Narcotic detection training on Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, and Methamphetamine or other narcotic odors as your needs dictate.
- K9 search procedures of buildings, vehicles, open and wooded areas, and packages/luggage.
Price for this course includes:
- Trained K9
- Handler training (6 – 8 week course)
- Lodging for handler during training (Optional)
- All necessary training equipment, including narcotics training aids case.
- Classroom materials and training manual
- One-year K9 Health and Performance Guarantees
- Complete veterinarian exam of K9, health and vaccination records