NARCOTICS DETECTION AND TRACKING K9 HANDLER COURSE<< Back to Courses
January 31 – March 11, 2022
March 28 – May 6, 2022
May 30 – July 6, 2022
July 25 – September 2, 2022
September 26 – November 6, 2022
November 14 – December 23, 2022
OUR NARCOTICS DETECTION COURSE CONSISTS OF A GOOD FOUNDATION IN ON AND OFF LEASH OBEDIENCE AS WELL AS TEACHING THE DOG TO DETECT CERTAIN NARCOTICS. THE K9 TEAM IS TRAINED TO DETECT NARCOTICS IN BUILDINGS, OPEN AREAS, PACKAGES, AND VEHICLES. WE NORMALLY TRAIN FOR DETECTION OF MARIJUANA, COCAINE, HEROIN, AND METHAMPHETAMINE. HOWEVER, WE CAN TRAIN FOR OTHER NARCOTIC ODORS AS YOUR NEEDS DICTATE.
COURSE INSTRUCTION ALSO INCLUDES RECORD KEEPING, UP TO DATE DETECTOR K9 CASE LAW STUDY, COURT ROOM TESTIMONY, FIRST AID FOR THE DOG, AND MUCH MORE TO PREPARE AND EQUIP THE K9 TEAM TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN WORKING THE STREET EFFECTIVELY UPON RETURNING TO DUTY.
Our Tracking K9 training course consist of the following:
- Human scent discriminate when started on known track.
- Capable of determining correct track from scent taken from scent article.
- Proficient at tracking with scent discrimination over various types of surfaces on tracks at least one hour old and one mile long.
- Canine Olfactory System- Understanding how the canine olfactory system works and how it relates to developing tracking skills in the dog.
- Composition Of Trail Scent- Taking trail/track scent beyond theory. Understanding what trail scent is composed of and what aspects of it a dog utilizes when following a trail.
- Scent Discrimination- Developing a track-sure dog including how to proof the dog.
- Proper Handling Techniques- Learn handling skills that enable you to become an effective tracking team.
- Reading The Dog- Learn to master this most difficult handling task and why many handlers fail.
- Problem Solving- Learning to solve the most common problems most tracking teams encounter.
- Maintenance Training- How to conduct proper maintenance training and problem avoidance.
- Record Keeping- How to keep detailed training records that will demonstrate the credibility and reliability of the tracking team in courtroom testimony.
- Tracking K9 Utilization
- Search Preparation
- Scent articles
- Cover officer tactics
- Visual tracking
- Search problems
- Maintenance training
- Record keeping
- Courtroom Testimony
- Tracking K9 Case Law
- Price for this course includes:
- Trained K9 (Labrador Retriever)
- Handler training (3-4 week course)
- Lodging for handler during training
- All necessary training equipment
- Classroom materials and training manual
- K9 Health and Performance Guarantees
- Complete veterinarian exam of K9, health and vaccination records